18 November 2012

New electric body design

It has taken me quite some time to decide on a design of the electric violin.

For me an acoustic violin has a certain beauty that is just classic. I did however not want to just take a Stradivarius or Guarneri model a fit a pickup - that would make an acoustic-electric violin.

In my design I have stayed on a conservative line though, keeping the same dimensions of an acoustic violin with the same key elements.

At the moment I am finalizing pickup testing. I have been through different bridge and body pickups and am trying to strike a balance between best sound and being able to play loud.

I am also doing a bit of experimenting with the placement of the output jack. Left or right side of the lower bout or maybe on the bottom or in the chinrest?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete